Monday, April 04, 2005

Another Spammer Owned Antispam Site

I just had to remove another antispam link from my sidebar. The wecanstopspam.org site no longer exits for spam fighting purposes. A spamdexer is now benifiting from the PageRank the antispam site was able to build up through links. Spammers shouldn't benifit from this, please remove links to this site if you find them. From c2 I found out it was down in January and whois told me it was bought by the spammer in late Febuary.

I hate that spam fighters let this happen. The WikiBlackList blog did the same thing. I can understand that spam fighters give up, it takes a lot of time and effort and gets few if any visible results. But don't just drop the site so a spammer can grab it. You can park a domain very cheeply now or find some other antispammer you trust to transfer it to.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home