Saturday, June 05, 2004

Email from Hakdata

I was amazed this afternoon when I checked my email and found an email from a spammer. Nope, its not the one of the normal 70% spam in my email box, it was a letter to me from Hakdata. It's a very well thought out explanation of Hakdata's plan to spam wikis. I guess its supposed to get us to leave him alone because they are "nice" about their spamming. I especially like how they thank me for blogging about them, which I hadn't even done (other than include a few of his keywords on my sidebar).

When Manni added them to the nominee's page I didn't really bother with them much since they looked like they were spamming mostly German wikis, which limits my effectiveness in reversing their damage. But lucky for Hakdata, Manni speaks German. Now that they spelled out their plan I think its time for our first new promotion to the worst spammer cases page. I am sure going to take them far more serious now.

Here is their email for anyone who wants to try and understand the twisted mind of a spammer:

This guy just doesn't get it. Wiki owners aren't going to create a page for spammers to add their links to. The purpose of the wiki is to share information, not to help some pathetic wannabe SEO company boost their PageRank. Thier "promise" to not return after they have five links is stupid. If every wiki spammer in the world promised to only put five links on a wiki it would still leave wikis full of garbage and unusable.

Comments:
hallo manni, wollte ich sagen danke Ihnen für Klassifizierung hakdata #1 im google, das ich Sie irgendeine nette Abbildung bildete! http://www.exit.co.il/images/logo57.jpg genießen Sie und glückliches neues Jahr!
Edit  
hallo manni, wollte ich sagen danke Ihnen für Klassifizierung hakdata #1 im google, das ich Sie irgendeine nette Abbildung bildete! http://www.exit.co.il/images/logo57.jpg genießen Sie und glückliches neues Jahr!
Edit  
hallo manni, wollte ich sagen danke Ihnen für Klassifizierung hakdata #1 im google, das ich Sie irgendeine nette Abbildung bildete! http://www.exit.co.il/images/logo57.jpg genießen Sie und glückliches neues Jahr!
Edit  
CM (29 Sept 2004) : Great! I love it! I can't believe you can actually annoy these people. Let's keep up the good work!
Edit  
Cette méthode d'attaque nous est l'obsurd et celui dont le criminel ferait. Un mot, ILLÉGAL !

swank
Edit  
Post a Comment

<< Home