Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Honeypot Wiki Down

My host disabled my account due to performance issues with my MySQL queries. I presumed it had to be the wiki so I took it partially down. It was actually probably my backup job that was causing the problem though, I set it up when the wiki was small. My honeypot wiki's database is now 2.16 GB of data. I hadn't cleaned the wiki in a very long time (almost two years it seems). All that spam can take up a lot of space, but I don't see how it could be that huge.

I haven't taken the time to analyze or do anything with the data. If anyone wants it, let me know. It should be pretty much clean from actual data, the wiki never had much real content. I have 363 users (nearly all spammers) and it looks like 73,863 revisions. It has been collecting spam from January 2006 to December 2008 and should be useful for something. I hate to have it down so I will probably start over with a new database, I am sure the spammers won't mind starting over.